Saurabh: Error while adding the Domain into RPZ as Bad Name.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Feb 12 09:43:17 UTC 2018

On 12.02.18 13:51, Saurabh Srivastava wrote:
>*I have faced one issue during the addition of one domain into My RPZ
>Server.*

you don't have to put asterisks around your sentences. In fact, it makes
them harder to read and understand.

>*The Domain name is "xmr.-eu1.nanopool.org <http://eu1.nanopool.org>".*
>*I am trying to put the domain entry as *. xmr.-eu1.nanopool.org
><http://eu1.nanopool.org> which gives me an error of Bad Domain Name.*
>*Please suggest the solution for this mans why it is a bad domain name when
>even i am able to dig that?*

domain name element must not start with a dash.

xrm-eu is ine, xmr.eu is fine, xmr.-eu is invalid.

see rfc 1034 section 3.5.

<domain> ::= <subdomain> | " "

<label> ::= <letter> [ [ <ldh-str> ] <let-dig> ]

>*Secondly, I try to ask one more thing that when i have dig the Domain
>xmr.-eu1.nanopool.org <http://eu1.nanopool.org> , the A Record shows me as
>IP 8.8.8.8.*

there are nameservers who do not enforce the requirement above.
However, I don't recommend violating the requirement.

M$ Win's are shit, do not use it !