DNSSEC validation

SIMON BABY simonkbaby at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 21:33:10 UTC 2018

Hello Evan,

Thanks you so much for answering my questions. Inline my comments.

But why do you need your application to contain a recursive resolver?

1. Assume if I use an external recursive resolver and if that resolver does
not support DNSSEC, how can I validate the signature?

2. If I use an external resolver and if a hacker sits in between my system
and the external resolver, will it detect ?

3. When the external resolver resolve a query and when it response back to
the client , will it strip off the signatures? I assume the validation is
already done at the recursive resolver.

4. Can I integrate dnsmasq option with my client application? Any reference.

Thanks once again for your help and time.

Rgds
Simon