DNS performance Help when query log is off -- which default parameters will impact the DNS performance

PENG, JUNAN jp2111 at att.com
Wed Feb 21 20:59:16 UTC 2018

Hi, Tony

During my performance test,  I also tested the performance without query logs.  I disabled the query log feature , but  it seemed that QPS  couldn't  go higher (about 75KQPS)  when CPU still had lots of room  --  Named CPU Usage was about 250%,  but in theory  it can reach to 400% (4 vCPU).

In your opinion,  which default parameters I need pay attention to , which will impact system capacity performance when query log is off?

Our Bind version is 9.10.5.  Do you know what version you think will have better multi-threading ?

Thank you very much!

Michael