AW: DNSSEC and nsupdate

Prof. Dr. Michael Schefczyk michael at schefczyk.net
Sun Feb 25 21:12:59 UTC 2018

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much! No, chroot is not involved. Package debootstrap (required for chroot as far as I understand) is not even installed.

It would be great to understand, what the error message:

warning: dns_dnssec_findzonekeys2: error reading private key file fqdn/ECDSAP384SHA384/41844: file not found

really means. One does specify the key directory. Does the error message imply, that the key directory should have as many levels of subdirectories as the error message contains slashes? In the lowest directory level, how would a key file need to be named. Not the old convention of K[fqdn]+number+keyid.key or .private anymore?

Regards,

Michael
Technische Universität Dresden
Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Lehrstuhl für Entrepreneurship und Innovation
Prof. Dr. Michael Schefczyk
D-01062 Dresden

Fon: +49-3 51-4 63-3 68 81
Fax: +49-3 51-4 63-3 68 83
www.gruenderlehrstuhl.de

Are you running chrooted? Did you make the keys visible in the chroot area?