intermittent SERVFAIL for high visible domains such as *.google.com

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Jan 19 15:27:05 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-01-19 at 15:22 +0000, Tony Finch wrote:

> You don't have any weird middleboxes between your resolver and the
> Internet, do you?

I don't believe so.  Not entirely sure what "weird middleboxes" refers
to in this context though.  And by resolver are you referring to my
BIND9 server or the resolvers on the clients of that server?

I've added packet capturing to the debug collection so that I can see
what my BIND9 server is sending and receiving in the way of queries and

Cheers,
b.