Issue running "dig txt rs.dns-oarc.net" on 9.12

Cathy Almond cathya at isc.org
Mon Jan 29 10:51:24 UTC 2018

The DNS-OARC reply size tester doesn't work with versions of BIND that
are 9.10 and newer.  This is because of the new probing process that we
implemented that should be more resilient.  But it does unfortunately
'break' getting sane results from the DNS-OARC reply size tester.

https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/services/replysizetest
(which does now contain as link to the article below)

https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01350/0/Testing-authoritative-server-support-for-EDNS-and-large-UDP-buffer-sizes-in-BIND-9.10.html

But as for why you're not getting responses at all - that'd be something
else.