round-robin bug in 9.12.1-P2 for rDNS?

Michał Kępień michal at isc.org
Wed Jul 4 06:11:11 UTC 2018

> I have a funny issue that looks buggish
> to me.  I have an RRSET with two
> A records that our auth DNS servers happily
> round-robin, which can be observed with
>
> dig unix.lt.ucsc.edu @adns1.ucsc.edu
>
> However, our recursive DNS servers, with
> the same rrset-order config will not round-robin
> these records.
>
> BUT, if I add a third A record, the rDNS servers
> then round-robin.
>
> I can punch in some config elements here if
> it is useful, but this smells like a bug, and
> maybe I should be reporting on gitlab.
>
> Thoughts?

This sounds a bit like #336 [1], but you mentioned rrset-order being
explicitly set in your configuration, so it might be something else.  If
you can still reproduce this with current master (or with current v9_12
branch), please open a new GitLab issue.  Thanks!

[1] https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/issues/336

--
Best regards,
Michał Kępień