[bind-users] Slow reply under heavy load (on a specific NIC ip)

Ict Security ict.security.job at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 16:04:16 UTC 2018

Dear guys,

thank you for answering.
We are using a CentOS 7.2 distribution, x64 architecture.
We use generic e1000 network driver, the Virtual machine runs under VMware 5.5.

We use netfilter on the Firewall machine, another machine, we raised
up the "somaxconn" parameter.
We do not see, right now, any warning about conntrack table full.

We are also trying to resolve from the SAME machine where Bind 9.x
runs, to avoid firewall/nat problems during the testing.
The NIC primary IP address, also from internal, returns delay under heavy load.
If i switch querying an alias IP address - on the same NIC - everything is fast.

Thank you!!