Domain name based multihome routing?

Dale Mahalko dmahalko at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 18:00:24 UTC 2018

Due to the fact that I don't have the ability to program this experiment
myself without spending a couple more years to improve my coding skills,
could I interest anyone else here to do the programming work?

I would prefer someone who is associated with ISC who sounds like they
already know the code, like Mark Andrews.

I would pay for your time on this, and the results would be free open
source for anyone else to use.. and could be included as an extension of
the standard code if the maintainers would allow it.

Though if you want more than about US$500 for your efforts, then I will
probably have to try to get others involved on a crowdfunding website to
cover the costs.

Dale Mahalko, Gilman, WI

Living on a rural 35-cow organic dairy farm, ten miles from the nearest
town, on a slow CenturyLink 1.5 meg DSL and no way to upgrade.

The CenturyLink remote terminal near us has been "in exhaust" for the last
15 years, and they are unwilling to install the necessary 10 mile / 16 km
fiber backhaul to their DSLAM cabinet, even though we are in an area that
qualifies for Connect America Fund - Phase II (CAF-II) funding assistance
from the federal government to get the fiber installed.

CenturyLink has discretion to "divert" the CAF-II funds to other things if
they want and it appears that has happened, so we will remain trapped with
this poor level of landline service unless I go to extremes to try to find
something better.

I get about 2-3 bars on the iPhone, so I am preparing to spend about $600
on a MOFI 4500 cell modem and some huge outdoor dual-MIMO yagi WirEng
cellular modem antennas to go on the roof of the house to boost the signal.

(Satellite is unacceptable. I require low latency for remote desktop, work
from home, gaming, etc.)