Separate DNS slaves as internal and external

McDonald, Daniel (Dan) Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Thu Mar 22 20:41:35 UTC 2018

I've hidden those sort of things using response policy zones.

On 3/19/18, 6:34 AM, "bind-users on behalf of King, Harold Clyde (Hal)" <bind-users-bounces at lists.isc.org on behalf of hck at utk.edu> wrote:

    I have DNS slaves for internal and external entities. I don't know how to work the NS records so that outside users would only get the external slave and internal would only get the internal slave.

    How can I do this? If I put only the internal slaves with NS records external users query the internal servers. If I put both external users still see and use internal slave. If I put only external, internal users get the external slave. I have put the external slave in our registrar.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance

    Hal King  - hck at utk.edu
    Systems Administrator