Should we bundle the MaxMind GeoIP db?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu May 31 10:52:42 UTC 2018

Timothe Litt <litt at acm.org> wrote:

> Rather than bundling the database, you might want to bundle a script to
> automate the update process... preferably one that you don't have to
> maintain.

I'm not a geoip user so feel free to ignore me. I think it makes sense to
integrate with the OS geoip package, and it makes sense to have a download
script for systems that don't provide one.

Either way, please don't commit the geoip database to git :-)

Tony.
Fitzroy: Cyclonic 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first in west. Moderate or rough.
Showers. Good, occasionally poor.