Rewrite/Override QTYPE with RPZ

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Fri Nov 9 13:39:22 UTC 2018

That wouldn't help you much.   Many mail systems these days check not only your MX record but also your PTR record to make sure the IP you came from has a valid (i.e. not generic) reverse lookup.   They'll also check things like dkim or spf TXT records.   If they don't like what they find they'll simply reject email even if you haven't been blacklisted.

In general blacklisting services blacklist specific IPs rather than domains anyway.   A work around would be to change the outbound IP your mail server uses rather than changing other records.  Of course you'd have to make additional changes for the PTR, A/AAAA and TXT records for the new IP you select.

Many blacklisting services have a way to delist yourself.

However, if you don't fix the underlying problem that caused you to be blacklisted in the first place any new IP will quickly be blacklisted as well and/or delisting yourself a second time is much more difficult.

If you are sending multiple automated emails (e.g. invoices or marketing materials) to customers you need to be monitoring for returns and removing rejected email addresses from your databases.   These often occur because the customer no longer has the email address they originally gave you (or they had a typo in what they gave you).