Modifying data files while named is reloading

Anne Bennett anne at encs.concordia.ca
Thu Oct 18 14:22:31 UTC 2018

Laurent Weislo <laurent.weislo at gmail.com> writes:

> After a bunch of years and under heavy load on the master, we lost almost
> 4K records because the domain file seems to have been loaded while being
> generated.

Wouldn't the best solution be to modify your generation process
to write to temporary files, and then to move them into place
when fully built, rather than leaving significant amounts of
time during which your zone file is in a partially built state?

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Sysadmin, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne at encs.concordia.ca                                    +1 514 848-2424 x2285