odd failures from 9.12.2-P2

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Fri Oct 19 03:58:56 UTC 2018

On 10/18/2018 11:38 PM, Evan Hunt wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 07:21:49PM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
>> I:System test result summary:
>> I:   7 FAIL
>> I:  69 PASS
>> I:   4 SKIPPED
>> I:  12 UNTESTED
>> I:The following system tests failed:
>> I:      autosign
>> I:      catz
>> I:      dnssec
>> I:      filter-aaaa
>> I:      legacy
>> I:      mkeys
>> I:      staticstub
>>
>> This is on Solaris 10 sparc and using the Oracle Studio 12.6 tools as
>>    well as OpenSSL 1.1.1 which passes all tests.
>>
>> Is there a way to dig out more information from these failures?
>
> Yes, the full output from all of the system tests will be in
> bin/tests/system/systests.output, and you can look for messages that
> say "I:autosign:failed" (or whatever) to find out which bits didn't
> work.
>
> Each of the failing system tests should also have its directory full of
> files that were created during the test -- they would have been deleted
> if it had passed but should still be there now -- which can also be
> used to work out what went wrong.
>
> If you want to just tar up bin/tests/system and send it to me, I'd be
> happy to take a look.

Thank you very much and I appreciate the offer.  Really I do.
I'll go digging ... however I jumped onto 9.12.3 while the bits were
still hot from the oven .. so ... only two tests failed :

I:System test result summary:
I:   2 FAIL
I:  74 PASS
I:   4 SKIPPED
I:  12 UNTESTED
I:The following system tests failed:
I:      dnssec
I:      nsupdate

I will go have a look and not tie up your time. Yet :-\

Dennis Clarke