Strange DIG behavior on Windows 10:

Timothy Metzinger tim.metzinger at outlook.com
Wed Oct 24 00:13:16 UTC 2018

I see NO outgoing bits on the wire, bolstering my theory that DIG isn't finding name servers in the registry.  NSLOOKUP works fine.   There's no difference between the working and non working PC in the name servers listed in all the interfaces in ifconfig /all.   Registry values for HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\tcpip\parameters\dhcpnameserver are identical.

I've deinstalled and reinstalled BIND.  This is so weird.