Question about visibility

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Oct 24 18:08:41 UTC 2018

On 10/24/2018 06:15 AM, G.W. Haywood via bind-users wrote:
> A server on a non-standard port is often neglected.  Its security may
> be less well maintained than one that is intentionally public.

Why and how do you make that correlation?

Are you implying that some people think that because they've taken one
step (moving the port) they may think that they don't need to take other
steps (updating)?

Do you have, or can you point to, data to substantiate this?

I've always found that moving the port is one of many steps done to
improve security.  The more important steps being stay up to date.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die