2 Questions - forward zone and DNS firewalling

Crist Clark cjc+bind-users at pumpky.net
Fri Oct 26 05:33:35 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 2:57 PM Grant Taylor via bind-users <
bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:

> On 10/25/18 2:34 PM, N6Ghost wrote:

[snip]

> > next, we where a bind shop but switched to infoblox for some stuff and
> > now out grew it. and are going back to bind.
> >
> > but we started using the dns firewall part of it and they actually
> > really liked it. any ideas for domain blacklisting? via some sort of
> > feed etc? what is everyone doing for that sort of thing?
>
> Response Policy Zone(s) are what you want.  I thought that's how
> Infoblox did it themselves.

Yes, Infoblox’s DNS implementation is a wrapper around BIND and DNS
Firewall is just straight up BIND RPZ underneath. If you still have
Infoblox around, you can dump the BIND configuration at the CLI and see
exactly what is going on underneath it all.