BIND 9.12.4-P1 build fails on Solaris 10

Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR Bhangui.Sandeep at bls.gov
Fri Apr 26 17:30:58 UTC 2019

Hi

Seen exact similar thread from last few days for Bind 9.11.6-P1 on Solaris.

I get a make error when I try to compile Bind 9.12.4-P1 on Solaris 10.

Using same configure file I can compile Bind 9.12.4 successfully on Solaris 10.

This is the make error that I get

ndefined                       first referenced
isc_atomic_xadd                     ../../lib/ns/libns.a(client.o)
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to namedtmp0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

I see that someone posted this two links to check... this talks about Solaris 11 but looking at the error it seems that is what I am hitting too

https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/issues/999

https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/merge_requests/1864

Some questions.

1. Has this been considered/reported as a BUG and will be fixed in next release ?

2. The second link above talks of making changes to client.c what exact changes have to be made? Is this worthwhile or better to wait till this is addressed in the next release ( assuming that this is considered as a Bug and will be addressed in the next release ).

The configure file I am using is as follows...if that is of any relevance.

./configure --build=sparc-sun-solaris2.10
                        --host=sparc-sun-solaris2.10
                        --with-openssl
                        --with-libxml2 --disable-
                        --enable-ipv6