Checking whether some configure options to compile are not longer available for Bind 9.14.1

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Apr 29 19:54:12 UTC 2019

Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:

> I am trying to compile the 9.14.1 source code on Sparc Solaris 10 and I
> see that following options are not recognizes any more when used with
> configure.....
>
>  " -enable-ipv6" and "-enable-threads"

Yes, they have gone. The HISTORY file says (last sentence of the 9.14
section):

	BIND now requires support for IPv6, threads, and
	standard atomic operations provided by the C compiler.

The HISTORY file is definitely worth a read if you are upgrading to a new
major version, since it has a fairly short summary of the release notes.

Tony.
Gibraltar Point to North Foreland: Northeasterly, becoming variable at times,
3 or less, increasing 4 at times. Smooth or slight. Mainly fair. Good,
occasionally poor.