Proper Way to Configure a Domain which never sends emails

Kevin Darcy kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Mon Aug 19 21:31:07 UTC 2019

[ Classification Level: PUBLIC ]

MXes are for *receiving* mail of course. The request is about *sending*
mail.

Setting the SPF record to "-all" is probably about the best you can do,
since AFAIK there is no universally-recognized way to signal "domain X
never sends mail".

Ironically, in order to prevent anyone from accepting mail purportedly from
your domain, you might want to make yourself look as much as possible like
SPAM or malware.

Perhaps you could volunteer your domain to be added to one or more of the
public SMTP blacklists? :-)

                                             - Kevin