Problem to transfer reverse zone DNS on secondary DNS servers

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Dec 27 14:04:43 UTC 2019

On 27.12.19 00:27, Edouard Guigné wrote:
>I have forgotten this point, rdns is done by ISP...
>The same problem occured 2 years ago, and I have to call them to restart it.

there's  obviously something broken in this setup.  You don't have to call
the ISP if the reverse DNS changes.

Either they set up reverse DNS for you completely, or they tell yuou what
domain to set up, you set it up and they configure it for fetching from your
servers.

However, you should not set up multiple domains like those:
19.247.2.186.in-addr.arpa
17.246.2.186.in-addr.arpa
22.246.2.186.in-addr.arpa
26.246.2.186.in-addr.arpa
30.246.2.186.in-addr.arpa

rfc 2317 describes how reverse DNS should be set up and it should work
automatically.
Windows 2000: 640 MB ought to be enough for anybody