Problem to transfer reverse zone DNS on secondary DNS servers

Paul Kosinski bind at iment.com
Fri Dec 27 22:43:38 UTC 2019

I was pleased that I was able to get our two (successive) ISPs to set
up reverse DNS for our small number of IP addresses, and each twice to
change them when they moved us to moved us to new IP ranges (due to the
IPv4 crunch). It never even occurred to me that it might be possible to
have them delegated to our DNS server (which could handle it, being
BIND running native on a Linux VM on their hardware -- no "helpful"
ISP mandated interface software to interfere with configuration).

P.S. Unfortunately our 2 current IPs, although adjacent, are not /31,
and thus would require 2 delegations