Advice for DNS reverse zones

Mik J mikydevel at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 6 18:03:27 UTC 2019

Hello,
I would like to know how do you manage reverse zones and the 10.x.x.x zone particularly.
I can see three choices:- One global 10.in-addr.arpa zone- Many /24 zones 1.1.10.in-addr.arpa zone- Something in between
One global zone:The problem is that I end having a very populated zone and if someone asks me to setup an acl or anything like that it has to be global.This solution might be the easiest but definatly not the best in terms of scalability
Many /24 zones:The problem is that I end creating zones all the time or make them first in one go, so 65536 zones...And when someone has a /16 network I need to delete the 256 x /24 zones to make one single.
What do you people do on your DNS servers ?

And is it possible to make a 1.1.10.in-addr.arpa for the 16 first adresses (a /28 network) ?
Regards