Forward zone inside a view

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 19:30:58 UTC 2019

Dear, thanks for your contact. I've used teamviewer.com just for tests.

Desktops I mentioned can only access to web apps from internal domains, but
in some web apps there are links to download Teamviewer client software
from Internet. I can create a private zone "teamviewer.com" with all the
hostnames and IP's we will use, but if they change I will be in trouble.

So we need to forward the query to our resolvers in order to get a valid
response.

So I think we can use the forward option from BIND, but it doesn't work at
all as I described:

1. "recursion no" can only be set at the top (view) level, not overridden
   at the zone level.

2. If I set "recursion no" at the view level, then a "type forward"
   zone has no effect:

  view "foo" {
    recursion no;
    zone "teamviewer.com" {
      type forward;
      forward only;
      forwarders {172.18.1.1; 172.18.1.2;};
    };

-- query for foo.teamviewer.com fails and tell it's not a recursive query

3. If I define "recursion yes" at view level:

  view "foo" {
    recursion yes;
    zone "teamviewer.com" {
      type forward;
      forward only;
      forwarders {172.18.1.1; 172.18.1.2;};
    };

-- query for foo.teamviewer.com is OK, but also I get response OK from
foo.ibm.com, foo.google.com, and any other public domain from Internet
(and this is not what I want, it's what I'm trying to prevent))

So can you help me please???

Regards.