No subject

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 15:43:31 UTC 2019

Dear I've implemented two views, one for local resolution and the other for
forward a public zone to our resolver.

But now I have a problem:

If I define the same clients for the local zone view and forward view,
depending on the order of the views the client can resolve or not the
query. In this case client 10.12.1.1 will match view INT and not view EXT:

acl internal { 10.12.1. <https://10.12.1.4>1; };
acl external { 10.12.1.1; };

view "INT" {
match-clients { internal; };
recursion no;
zone "company.com" {
type master;
file "/etc/bind/zones/company.com.db";
};

view "EXT" {
match-clients { external; };
recursion yes;
zone "teamviewer.com" {
type forward;
forward only;
forwarders {
172.1 <https://172.17.10.25>8.1.1;
};
};

If I define just one view with local and forward zones, I have to define
"recursion yes" because the forward zone need this option, but in this case
a query for a local zone is trying to be resolved against ROOT Servers and
finally against master zone but it takes some seconds:

acl unique { 10.12.1. <https://10.12.1.4/>1; };

view "INT-EXT" {
match-clients { unique; };
recursion yes;
zone "company.com" {
type master;
file "/etc/bind/zones/company.com.db";
};
zone "teamviewer.com" {
type forward;
forward only;
forwarders {
172.1 <https://172.17.10.25/>8.1.1;
};
};

How can I define same clients to try resolving first view and -if there is
no response- they try with second view ???

Or is there any other way to do what I want?

Regards