Malicious-DNS

Kevin Darcy kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Mon Feb 18 20:05:44 UTC 2019

Another approach is to define a "fake" vitaminc.pro domain, point it at an
internal webserver (assuming you have a spare, or can spin one up for the
purpose), and see what clients are hitting it.

Of course, that assumes the communication is web-based. If it's some other
protocol(s), you'd need to monitor that protocol, or those protocols, on
the "decoy" server. One would need to know more about the behavior of the
malware involved.

Speaking of which, Virustotal doesn't seem to think there's anything
suspicious about vitaminc.pro. Haven't checked my other sources of Threat
Intelligence, but usually there's *something* on VT if a domain is being
used as a C&C...

             - Kevin