Freeze/thaw and signed zone files

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Feb 22 16:54:56 UTC 2019

@lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:

> Nope, now the .signed file isn’t touched at all after the zone file is edited.
>
> zone "example.com" {
> 	type master;
> 	file "master/example.com.signed";
> 	update-policy local;
> 	auto-dnssec maintain;
> };

It sounds to me like you are expecting it to work in inline-signing mode,
but you have not configured it that way. With the configuration above,
`named` will never read or write to the unsigned zone.

You might want a config like

	zone "example.com" {
		type master;
		file "master/example.com";
		update-policy local;
		auto-dnssec maintain;
		inline-signing yes;
	};

Alternatively, with your current config you can update the zone using
https://dotat.at/prog/nsdiff/ like this:

	nsdiff example.com master/example.com | nsupdate -l

Tony.
Portland, Plymouth, Biscay, East Fitzroy: Southeasterly 4 or 5, occasionally 6
in Plymouth and Fitzroy, becoming variable 3 or 4 later. Moderate or rough,
occasionally very rough except in Portland. Fair, but rain in Fitzroy. Good,
occasionally poor.