Freeze/thaw and signed zone files

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Sat Feb 23 21:45:16 UTC 2019

On IPv6 why wouldn’t you support it?  The world ran out of IPv4 addresses years ago and IPv4 is only limping along now due to ISPs spending big money to put in CGN boxes which you are paying for.

Turning on IPv6 reduces the required size of these CGN  boxes with on average 70% of residential traffic switching to it.  This in turn reduces costs.

Named will already be using IPv6 for queries it is making as that is enabled by default.
--
Mark Andrews