Authoritative DNS High Memory Usage

Jordan Tinsley jtinsley at lrecok.coop
Sat Jan 19 14:40:36 UTC 2019

Hello,

I have 2 Authoritative DNS Servers that are strictly Authoritative.  I am
new to Authoritative DNS and Bind.  Both have 4 GB RAM and Quad CPUs running
in a VM of their own on 2 separate VM Hosts.  Both Servers transfer between
each other and answer to public requests from other Public DNS as well as
rDNS lookups.

DNS01 has extremely high memory usage while DNS02 has memory usage around
50% and fluctuates up and down.

I have read about memory usage limits you can put in the configuration file,
but wasn't sure if that would be the best way to resolve the issue.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jordan