RPZ question autoritative/recursive servers

Mik J mikydevel at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 22 14:41:20 UTC 2019

Hello,
I tried to dissociate roles and have:- 1 set of authoritative master/slave server- 1 set of recursive servers
For a zone that I owned, the "recursive" servers forwards the request to the authoritative server. Otherwise the server resolves the query directly on the Internet.The authoritative servers hold my zones and recursion is disabled.
I was reading about RPZ zones but it seems to me these are implemented on authoritative servers ?I'm interested in RPZ zone in order to intercept some queries aiming to the internet youp*rn or wannacry.
As I explained, my authoritative servers are not on the path to Internet, only my forward servers are, should I implement the RPZ functionality on these forward only servers ?

Any thoughts on this ?
Thank you