RNDC Stats

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Jan 25 12:21:06 UTC 2019

N. Max Pierson <nmaxpierson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Under Incoming Requests it has QUERY's among some other stats. Is this
> the total queries across all zones? If it is, it doesn't seem to add up
> to what the total of each zone added together in the per zone stats.

Hmm, good question. I suspected it might be something to do with REFUSED
queries for zones that you are not authoritative for, but that doesn't add
up for me either, because my server sent a lot more refused responses than
the difference between its overall query count and the zone query
counts...

awk '
	/queries received/ {
		if (n < 2) { server += $1 }
		else { zones += $1 }
		n += 1;
	}
	/REFUSED/ { refused = $1 }
	END {
		printf "server %d\n", server;
		printf "zones %d\n", zones;
		printf "difference %d\n", server - zones;
		printf "refused %d\n", refused;
	}
' named.stats

server 141242445
zones 141221559
difference 20886
refused 364380

Tony.
Cape Wrath to Rattray Head including Orkney: Westerly 5 to 7, occasionally
gale 8 at first in north, becoming variable 3 or 4, then cyclonic 5 to 7
later. Slight or moderate in east, moderate or rough, occasionally very rough
in north. Showers then rain. Good, becoming moderate or poor.