Bind9 forward/reverse zones with multiple TSIG keys

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 29 18:01:08 UTC 2019

On 01/29/2019 09:43 AM, Rick Dicaire wrote:
> Wonder if you can use ddns zones with catalog zones, haven't tried it
> myself...

Are you referring to the catalog zone itself allowing dynamic updates?
Or allowing dynamic updates to the zones that are listed in the catalog
zone(s)?

Thinking about it, I would expect that you could do both.  Arguably the
catalog zone is a standard zone that is used for a special purpose.
(Much like the response policy zone.)

I don't see any reason why you can't use DDNS to update the catalog
zone.  The systems consuming the catalog zone will continue to do zone
transfers for the zones listed in the catalog, including when they get a
notify of a change to the catalog zone.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die