Fwd: SSHFP observation

Jim Popovitch jimpop at domainmail.org
Thu Jan 31 15:30:30 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-01-31 at 19:14 +0530, rams wrote:
> Hi,
> I have setup sshfp records as follows in bind zone file:
>
> test1.ramesh-sshfp.com. 86400   IN  SSHFP 1 1 aa
> test2.ramesh-sshfp.com. 86400   IN  SSHFP 1 1 00
>
> Successfully started bind but when queried for domain test1 and test2
> , returning malformed error and no answer. If fingerprint value wrong
> then bind should validate and should not start. Is it expected
> behavior? Kindly confirm.

Bind will restart cleanly unless you muck up something in the config
file(s).  In this case you have something wrong in a zone file, and we
can't see what it is because the domain you specified is invalid.  So,
until you show us some data my best guess is that you have a formatting
error in a zone file(s).

Help us help you by specifying the actual domain.

-Jim P.