Bind and HTTPS?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Jul 11 10:39:11 UTC 2019

@lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to setup bind to use DOH (FNS over HTTPS) rather than
> unencrypted DNS lookups? Our in addition to?

To give DoH access to clients you need a proxy such as dnsdist or doh101.

https://dotat.at/cgi/git/doh101.git
https://dnsprivacy.org/wiki/display/DP/Using+dnsdist+for+DoT+and+DoH

Encrypted DNS between resolvers and authoritative servers is still in the
process of being standardized.

Tony.
Southeast Iceland: Easterly or northeasterly, veering southeasterly, 2 to 4,
occasionally 5 near iceland. Slight or moderate. Occasional rain, fog patches.
Moderate or good, occasionally very poor.