dig +trace question

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Fri Jun 21 01:14:32 UTC 2019

In message <9BA154CC-2272-46EC-A793-47FF31DCA418 at arin.net>, you wrote:

>Hi Ronald,
>You usually need to reinstall packages and ports after you do a major
>version upgrade to FreeBSD.

I guess that I did not make myself clear.  Everything on this system is
freshly installed, from scratch.

I have the FreeBSD package "bind-tools-9.12.4P1" installed.... the latest,
undoubtedly compiled against FreeBSD 12.0.

Anyway, it really does appear now that this problem *is* a regression in
dig, and that it's not just me.

I tried my dig with both +trace -and -x also on *two* different Ubuntu
system I have here.

On Ubuntu 16.04 LTS it works as expected.

On Ubuntu 18.04 LTS it fails as I have reported.

It looks to me like somebody broke dig.

Where do I file the formal bugreport?

Regards,
rfg