How to I prevent sending additional data to everybody?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Mar 5 18:33:36 UTC 2019

On 03/05/2019 10:51 AM, Tony Finch wrote:
> There's an old entry in the CHANGES file:
>
>   912.   [bug]           Attempts to set the 'additional-from-cache' or
>                          'additional-from-auth' option to 'no' in a
>                          server with recursion enabled will now
>                          be ignored and cause a warning message.
>                          [RT #1145]

Hum.  Thank you for that reference.

> What you want is the `minimal-responses` option.

I already have minimal-responses set to yes.

My test query is returning the A record for an NS that is out of zone
but in a different zone on the same server.

something.aaa.example.net.	NS	ns1.bbb.example.net.

dig is still showing ns1.bbb.example.net's A record in additional data
when querying (the server that's authoritative for both zones) for
something.aaa.example.net.

> retro :-)

It's what's in distro repos.

--