question about "Assertion Failure" in BIND

徐明杰 xumingjie at iie.ac.cn
Thu Mar 7 10:36:09 UTC 2019

Hello all, I have some questions about "Assertion Failure" in BIND.
Most of the security advisories report that the security bugs can result in a assertion failure. I'm not familiar with event-driven programming paradigm, so I' not sure if every assertion failure can cause BIND to crash and is there any mechanism in BIND that can just drop the event which triggers an assertion failure and move on to other events?
Thanks.