allow-update in global options (was Re: bind and certbot with dns-challenge)

Stephan von Krawczynski skraw.ml at ithnet.com
Mon Mar 18 12:32:51 UTC 2019

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:37:50 +0000
Tony Finch <dot at dotat.at> wrote:

> Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw.ml at ithnet.com> wrote:
> >
> > But to us it was clearly time to at least present the idea to configure
> > zones based on a user-defined default zone entry.
>
> Catalog zones have that kind of structure: there are options at the level
> of the whole catalog which individual zones can override.
>
> Tony.

Yes, they have. But honestly while talking about issues I really don't want
any dynamic changes in the basic DNS handling (besides the cert challenge). If
your master dies, the setup is probably in trouble. Call me old-fashioned, but
a config file is a config file. It's a lot harder to inject something in a
setup not using rndc on such a fundamental scale ...

--
Regards,
Stephan von Krawczynski