bind and certbot with dns-challenge

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Mon Mar 18 20:05:42 UTC 2019

On Sun, 17 Mar 2019 at 13:34, Grant Taylor via bind-users <
bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:

> > I mean, sure you can use it perfectly, only not good if hosting hundreds
> > or thousands domains
>
> Why can't you use BIND to host hundreds or thousands of domains?

You definitely can.  My personal record is 3.7 million zones in a single
BIND instance, in production.   I did ten million in testing just to prove
we had growing space.  We did updates, adds, and removes at a rate of about
1500 per minute; BIND could have done more, we think, but our provisioning
software hit its limit around there.