BIND 9.11.6-P1 build fails on Solaris

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Fri May 3 20:11:42 UTC 2019

On 5/3/19 1:52 AM, Carl Byington via bind-users wrote:

> On Fri, 2019-04-26 at 10:41 +1000, Nick Edwards wrote:
>> lots of things failing in recent times, even with CentOS, mostly
>> because of openssl min version changes, and most recently even latest
>> releases wont build now because of a change in min python versions
>> *sigh*, i'm just going to leave it as is, thats all we can do.
>
> On centos, you might try
>
> https://www.five-ten-sg.com/mapper/bind

I have had no problems building solid ISC bind named services on Solaris
10 ( and earlier ) for a very long long time now. If there are problems
they are most likely your build environment and nothing to do with the
ISC release code.

Having said that I still have production and up to date iscbind under
smf running fine and I have no love for Solaris anymore.  It runs fine
but is very crusty and has no future really.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC