Statistics-channel json crashes Bind

Havard Eidnes he at uninett.no
Sun May 12 17:14:29 UTC 2019

> BTW is there any chance that you and Havard share any common
> bits of configuration?

That would be coincidental; we've not coordinated our configs.
However, it is true that I'm also monitoring my BIND instances,
using collectd, and as far as I know it's using the XML-based
monitoring interface.

BTW, I think I've figured out why I could not make sense of the
addresses; I'm running this instance on NetBSD 8.0, which uses
address space layout randomization by default, causing shared
libs to be mapped to different addresses on separate invocations.
I'm considering turning it off for named, and restarting it.

The named executable is not stripped, and even has debug info,
but apparently the built-in backtrace facility still did not
manage to map the addresses:

% file /usr/local/sbin/named
/usr/local/sbin/named: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so, for NetBSD 8.0, with debug_info, not stripped
%

Regards,

- Håvard