isc-bind-esv Repository - "yum update" doing undesirable things!

Matthew Richardson matthew-l at itconsult.co.uk
Mon May 13 11:49:25 UTC 2019

Dear Michal,

Thank you very much for your useful reply below.  I was indeed aware that
the RPMs were experimental, hence my jucidious use of a test server!  :-)

Simply by copying named.conf as you suggested gets the server component
working.

The tools (dig etc) are used both manually and by a number of scripts.
Following the upgrade without enabling SCL, dig (for example) was the
previous version which came from the previous Copr package.  Is there any
official/recommended method for updating server to make the new tools the
default?

You also comented about using "--without scl" with SRPMs.  Does this give
the previous behaviour?  Also, what is the correct location from which to
download the SRPMs?

With many thanks.

Best wishes,
Matthew