Preferred log location with ISC copr package

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon May 20 21:49:50 UTC 2019

I'm considering changing one of my BIND installations to use the
experimental ISC-provided packages:
   https://www.isc.org/blogs/bind-9-packages/

With these packages, what it the recommended location for log files?

A directory was created as part of the package installation:
   /var/opt/isc/isc-bind/log/
Since I'm new the "Software Collection" paradigm, I don't know if this
is an acceptable location for my operational logs. Is that location
going to get trashed when I install the next update?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Department of Administration
State of Alaska