Logging of notify sending

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue May 28 11:57:16 UTC 2019

Greg Rivers <gcr+bind-users at tharned.org> wrote:

> As Rick Dicaire said previously, "Notifications themselves don't use TSIG".

Depends on your configuration :-)

28-May-2019 01:43:13.162 notify: info:
	client @0x5591b0877080 2001:630:212:8::d:aa#31085/key tsig-ipreg:
	view main: received notify for zone 'cam.ac.uk': TSIG 'tsig-ipreg'

I use explicit notifies between my servers, with zones on the hidden
primary configured like

	also-notify { notify-auth; };

and on the other servers like

	masters master-ipreg {
		2001:630:212:8::d:aa key tsig-ipreg;
	};

and a shared global config clause like

	masters notify-auth {
		2001:630:212:8::d:a0  key tsig-ipreg;
		# etc.
	};

Not quite TSIG all the things because many of the secondary zones we serve
are not quite so keyed up.

Tony.
Great Orme Head to the Mull of Galloway: Northwest 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at
first, becoming variable 3 or less, then southeast 5 or 6 later. Slight or
moderate, becoming smooth or slight for a time. Showers at first, occasional
rain later. Good.