.onion and dnssec

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Nov 12 12:18:18 UTC 2019

Erich Eckner <bind at eckner.net> wrote:

> I have also a hard time, generating some useful debug output
> - setting `-d 9` does not give additional information in the system log.

You might find it is being written to the file named.run in named's
working directory (this is the default_debug logging channel
configuration). I generally use `rndc trace 11` to tell named to log
details of resolution and validation, including sent and received DNS
mesaages. It's very verbose but it can tell you what is happening to your
.onion queries.

Tony.
Mull of Kintyre to Ardnamurchan Point: North 5 to 7, becoming variable 2 or 3,
then east 3 to 5 later. Rough or very rough, occasionally moderate later in
shelter from easterly swell. Showers. Good occasionally poor.