BIND upgrades using Copr on CentOS

Michał Kępień michal at isc.org
Fri Nov 22 10:05:16 UTC 2019

Hi Steven,

> I am running BIND 9.14.7 on CentOS 7.7 and 8 using the Copr repositories (thank you so much ISC for setting these up).
>
> What is the proper way to upgrade to BIND 9.14.8?
>
> yum (CentOS 7.7.) and dnf (CentOS 8) don't find any available updates.  Should I remove and install new or am I missing the proper command line option(s)?

AFAICT, you seem to be doing things just fine.

Can you try again now?  Unlike the source tarballs we publish, we do not
have full control over when the packages for a specific target system
will be built by Copr as the latter is prone to intermittent processing
delays.  I just checked and all 9.14.8 packages should be built by now.

Please let me know if you are still running into any trouble with this,

--
Best regards,
Michał Kępień