Using TSIG Keys Between Linux OS and Windows OS

Kevin Darcy kevin.darcy at fcagroup.com
Mon Nov 25 16:58:54 UTC 2019

[ Classification Level: PUBLIC ]

To clarify, the OP didn't specify what DNS software they were using, only
the OS (Windows 2016).

If using Microsoft DNS, then as Mark pointed out, Microsoft has not
implemented regular shared-key TSIG. They have, however, implemented
GSS-TSIG, which, I believe, can be configured on the BIND side (although
I've never personally done that).

If using BIND on Windows, then, as Chuck pointed out, configuration is no
different than any other BIND-to-BIND TSIG setup.

                                                                        -
Kevin