DNSSEC 9.14.6 error message

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Oct 9 11:34:05 UTC 2019

Jukka Pakkanen <jukka.pakkanen at qnet.fi> wrote:

> Having these *error* messages in the syslog when restarting the
> service... guess they are not too harmfull, but why exactly is this
> coming:
>
> zone qnet.fi/IN (signed): receive_secure_serial: unchanged

This can happen in the following code, which suggests to me that the error
is benign. Did the server shut down gracefully?

	/*
	 * Try to apply diffs from the raw zone's journal to the secure
	 * zone.  If that fails, we recover by syncing up the databases
	 * directly.
	 */
	result = sync_secure_journal(zone, zone->rss_raw, rjournal,
				     start, end, &soatuple,
				     &zone->rss_diff);
	if (result == DNS_R_UNCHANGED)
		goto failure;

Tony.
Bailey: Northwest 5 to 7, occasionally gale 8 at first, becoming variable 3 or
4 later. High at first in far southeast, otherwise rough or very rough. Rain
or showers. Moderate or good, occasionally poor.