Zone transfers can be lost forever

jean-christophe manciot actionmystique at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 09:06:57 UTC 2019

However, if I increment the serial number (SN) on the primary from
2019101614 to 2019101709 and order a retransfer on the secondary with "rndc
retransfer sdxlive.com", I get in the logs:
*on the primary*:

*17-Oct-2019 10:56:09.038 xfer-out: info: client @0xcccccccccccc
a.b.c.d#49155 (sdxlive.com <http://sdxlive.com>): transfer of
'sdxlive.com/IN <http://sdxlive.com/IN>': AXFR started (serial 2019101614)*
*17-Oct-2019 10:56:09.039 xfer-out: info: client @0xcccccccccccc
a.b.c.d#49155 (sdxlive.com <http://sdxlive.com>): transfer of
'sdxlive.com/IN <http://sdxlive.com/IN>': AXFR ended: 1 messages, 36
records, 2906 bytes, 0.001 secs (2906000 bytes/sec)*

*on the secondary*:

*17-Oct-2019 10:55:39.015 general: info: received control channel command
'retransfer sdxlive.com <http://sdxlive.com>'17-Oct-2019 10:56:09.031
general: info: zone sdxlive.com/IN <http://sdxlive.com/IN>: refresh: retry
limit for master e.f.g.h#53 exceeded (source 0.0.0.0#0)17-Oct-2019