Bind-Efficientip

Mik J mikydevel at yahoo.fr
Wed Oct 23 22:35:43 UTC 2019

 Hello,
Efficient IP uses bind (+ nsd/unbound) as the DNS server.
One major difference between Efficient IP and bind is when you want to delegate the zone configuration to users and groups. I think it's called role based management.So let's say you want team1 to have read/write access to the zone team1.cyberia.net.sa, team2 to team2.cyberia.net.sa... on one server.You can have team2 to be able to view all the content of the zone  team1.cyberia.net.sa and so on.I don't think it's possible to do this on bind only / unixThere are granular rights.
The second thing it that DHCP, DNS, IPAM work together. You can automate the IP reservation and the DNS record creation for example.
The ability to import/export data from csv or API SOAP/Rest
Infoblox and Bluecat are other similar products along with a few others.

etc.